Keith Spickelmier, Executive Chairman
- Mr. Spickelmier holds a B.A. from the University of Nebraska at Kearney and a J.D. from the University of Houston. He previously practiced law from 1986 to 2000. He was the co-founder of Mallard Cablevision, and the Founder and the Chairmen of Westside Energy Corporation ("Westside") which was sold in June 2008 for approx. $200mm in enterprise value. Mr. Spickelmier was also the co-founder of JK Acquisition, a special purpose acquisition company which traded on the American Stock exchange in 2006 with a $80mm offering. Mr. Spickelmier was the cofounder of Northbrook, the predecessor of Drift Lake Resources which is now Sintana Energy Inc.
Doug Manner, Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Manner is a Founding Partner of Northbrook Energy LLC., prior to which he acted as Chief Executive Officer and Director of Westside, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Kosmos Energy, LLC. (a private energy company exploring for oil and gas in the offshore regions of West Africa), and as President and Chief Operating Officer of White Stone Energy, a Houston based oil and gas advisory firm. He is the Former COO of Gulf Canada Resources, managing operations in 20 countries with 150,000 boepd and the Former CEO of Bellwether Resources, (South America exploration) Mr. Manner previously held senior executive positions with Ryder Scott Petroleum Engineers and Amoco Production Company. Mr. Manner has served on the boards of directors for Gulf Midstream Services, ROC Oil Blizzard Energy, Rio Vista Energy, Resolute Energy, Cordero Energy, Zenas Energy and Petrovera Energy Company. Mr. Manner holds a Bachelor's of Science degree in mechanical engineering from Rice University and is a professional engineer certified by the Texas Board of Professional Engineers and the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta. He is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers and a previous member of the Petroleum Society of Canada.
Carmelo Marrelli, Chief Financial Officer
- Mr. Marrelli is qualified as a Chartered Accountant and as a Certified General Accountant in Canada. He has over 15 years of experience of accounting experience and is an expert on preparing financial filings for public companies. Mr. Marrelli has acted as the Chief Financial Officer for several publicly listed junior mining companies.
David Cherry, President & Chief Operating Officer
- Mr. Cherry is President and co-founder of PETROVEN, Inc., a privately held oil and gas exploration and development company. Previously, Mr. Cherry served as Vice President of American Public Energy Company which was an Amercian Stock Exchange listed company, where he supervised and directed all land activity within the company and supervised private placement programs. Mr. Cherry also previously served as Landman with Phillips Coal Company and Phillips Petroleum Company.
Sean Austin, Vice President, Controller, Secretary & Treasurer
- Mr. Austin has over 30 years of both domestic and international industry experience focused on finance, accounting and administration. Prior to joining Sintana, he was a Director, VP and Chief Financial Officer for Irvine Energy USA, a wholly owned subsidiary of a UK public company. At Westside Energy, working with Mr. Spickelmier and Mr. Manner, he was a Vice President, CFO, Secretary and Treasurer. For two decades, Mr. Austin was employed by HESS and held senior management positions in New York, London and Houston. From 1995 to 1999, he was Vice President and Corporate Controller and subsequently was Vice President - Worldwide E & P Finance and Administration. He holds a BBA in Accounting from Notre Dame, an MBA from the Amos Tuck School, Dartmouth College.
Phil de Gruyter, Vice President Exploration and South American Manager
- Mr. de Gruyter has over 30 years of industry experience; more than 25 of them working in South America. Most recently he was the Exploration Manager and Technical Lead responsible for building Talisman's Latin American program. Mr. de Gruyter played a major role in starting and growing the Peruvian and Colombian portfolios for Talisman, resulting in the overall acquisition of 19 blocks with over 21 million gross acres. From this portfolio, de Gruyter was directly responsible for finding over 450 MMBO from 9 discoveries with a 75% success rate. Discoveries during his time at Talisman included Situche, Huron, Akacias and Guairuro. In addition to the high-return growth via exploration, de Gruyter also laid the groundwork for significant M&A growth including assets in Peru from Occidental Petroleum and assets in Colombia from BPX. Prior to Talisman, he worked for Maxus, Hocol/Tenneco and Exxon.
Mr. Greg Schlachter, Reservoir Engineering Manager
- Mr. Schlachter's most recent position was as a Reservoir Engineering Domain Champion covering the Peru/Colombia/Ecuador Geo-market for Schlumberger Wireline Services. His responsibilities included oversight of planning, real time support and subsequent final reports and presentations of results of all reservoir and production logging acquisition and data interpretation including formation pressures and sampling. Over the course of his 14 year career with Schlumberger, Mr. Schlachter advanced through various positions of increasing responsibilities with more complex technical challenges. In the 10 years prior to joining Schlumberger, he was employed by various service companies with duties including well site testing and evaluation, design of testing protocols and development of industry specific software.
Joaquín H. Escobar, Geoscience Advisor & Senior Geologist
- Mr. Escobar has 44 years of experience in finding and developing numerous major oil discoveries, including in Sintana's core Middle Magdalena Basin, Angola, Canada, Argentina, Central America with Texaco; Colombia with Petrobras during major discoveries, including Guando Field (126 MMBO, 2000); At Interoil as the Exploration Manager until 2011, with discoveries of Altair and Mana Suroil fields. There's not a well in Colombia Joaquín is not familiar with in some way, often having coordinated it, monitored it while drilling or evaluated it post-drill. He participated in Halliburton's Heavy Oil Study and has led some of the most detailed and advanced geologic prospecting concepts in Colombia. His contribution to Sintana and to its partners is invaluable. In Phil de Gruyter's absence, he manages the Exploration Program for Sintana while Beatriz Zornoza manages the office.